Cn9 - Ah Delete

120 replies to this topic

#1 Veggiesaurus

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:41 AM

So how do I delete this piece of medium dead weight from my account .... ?

#2 Jam the Bam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:44 AM

Sell it? Its free CBills if you don't plan to use it.

If you don't know how to do that just go to your inventory, select it and sell.

#3 Lanky

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:47 AM

The chassis looks interesting,

The paint job hurts to look at.

Selling it sounds like really good idea.

#4 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:53 AM

I wonder how many people receive a gift, and then call it a piece of crap and ask how to sell it in front of the person who gave it to them :).

Seriously though, why does it matter if it is there? If you don't want to use it, strip it of content and ignore it.

I for one now have 2 free Centurions (This AH and the Champion one given away in a challenge a few months back). I might as well get a third Centurion and level up these mechs.

#5 Tristan Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:55 AM

View PostJammerben87, on 22 October 2014 - 01:44 AM, said:

Sell it? Its free CBills if you don't plan to use it.

If you don't know how to do that just go to your inventory, select it and sell.

The AS7-S and CN9-AH can't be sold, unfortunately.

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 22 October 2014 - 01:53 AM, said:

I wonder how many people receive a gift, and then call it a piece of crap and ask how to sell it in front of the person who gave it to them :).

It's not a person. It's a company sending out gifts to hundreds of thousands of people, most of whom the company employees only know as statistics, rather than individuals. There's a huge difference.

Seriously though, why does it matter if it is there? If you don't want to use it, strip it of content and ignore it.

For one thing, a lot of people like to have a neat and organized mechbay, without mechs they don't want to use. Some Clanners don't want IS mechs, some IS pilots don't want Clan mechs. They finally let us hide the Trial mechs from view for precisely that reason. Now they've given us some other mechs we can't hide from view.

#6 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:01 AM

View PostNicolai Kabrinsky, on 22 October 2014 - 01:55 AM, said:

It's not a person. It's a company sending out gifts to hundreds of thousands of people, most of whom the company employees only know as statistics, rather than individuals. There's a huge difference.

For one thing, a lot of people like to have a neat and organized mechbay, without mechs they don't want to use. Some Clanners don't want IS mechs, some IS pilots don't want Clan mechs. They finally let us hide the Trial mechs from view for precisely that reason. Now they've given us some other mechs we can't hide from view.

It was a bit of a half hearted comment but still...
People work for companies and put their time and energy into things. They have pride in what they create. Namless companies don't just magically pop out content. I know when I worked for this one company, we created stuff I was really proud of, it bugged me when the forums would tear it apart because they felt like being trolls. Just throwing that out there.

Whatever, I have been guilty of being critical too. Just I hope I was never blatently insulting in it. I probably have though.

Still, I suppose it is an understandable point about moving it to a new tab for the OCD players out there. Can't make their heads explode.

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 22 October 2014 - 02:03 AM.

#7 Lanky

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:03 AM

You do realize it isn't a real gift, and there isn't real money for selling it

#8 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:12 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 22 October 2014 - 02:01 AM, said:

It was a bit of a half hearted comment but still...
People work for companies and put their time and energy into things. They have pride in what they create. Namless companies don't just magically pop out content. I know when I worked for this one company, we created stuff I was really proud of, it bugged me when the forums would tear it apart because they felt like being trolls. Just throwing that out there.

Well, I will admit that I have less sympathy for people just saying "get this trash out of my face" instead of gracefully and respectfully asking for it to be removed. :)

#9 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:13 AM

View PostLanky, on 22 October 2014 - 02:03 AM, said:

I suppose. Well, I guess if somone really didn't want it, they could try and contact PGI to have it removed. If PGI removes the mech, they should take the mechbay with it though.

#10 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:16 AM

View Postsneeking, on 22 October 2014 - 02:13 AM, said:

this from a person who only just got gifted with a true trial mech filter to keep things neat n tidy...
oh how soon they forget....

Forget? I just mentioned it in the post you quoted.

But giving us a filter and then giving us another mech is kind of like... cleaning someone's house and then cementing a piece of art to the floor in their dining room. It's a nice piece of art, I appreciate the gesture, but... I don't want it in my dining room. :)

#11 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:28 AM

View PostNicolai Kabrinsky, on 22 October 2014 - 02:16 AM, said:

Forget? I just mentioned it in the post you quoted.

But giving us a filter and then giving us another mech is kind of like... cleaning someone's house and then cementing a piece of art to the floor in their dining room. It's a nice piece of art, I appreciate the gesture, but... I don't want it in my dining room. :)

I will say this, they could add an option in the UI to allow the user to create their own mechlab tabs so people could organize mechs into groupings for certain occasions.

If a person could create their own tabs, they could organize their mechs any way they wanted to.

#12 Lanky

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:29 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 22 October 2014 - 02:13 AM, said:

I suppose. Well, I guess if somone really didn't want it, they could try and contact PGI to have it removed. If PGI removes the mech, they should take the mechbay with it though.

Great Idea, Just sent an email to support.

Hope it will go away.

#13 Salvag3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:31 AM

TBH I would rather have the mech bay than this ..... Thing. I'll pass on the 100% ammo dependent mech thx but no thx. I just kinda figured a reward for being a loyal customer would some how be useful. This mech is anything but useful.

#14 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:37 AM

I'm shocked at the attitude on display here, they gave you a free mech-one which isn't useless by a long shot. Just because you don't like it don't make it useless.
It's also them saying thank you for supporting us, thank you for buying and putting money into our bank accounts and helping us make a living.
I'm amazed at how ungrateful people can be.

#15 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:45 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 22 October 2014 - 02:01 AM, said:

Still, I suppose it is an understandable point about moving it to a new tab for the OCD players out there.  Can't make their heads explode.

I wonder how we can pre-emptively get rid of these OCD people?

#16 SweetJackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 968 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:49 AM

You can strip it and sell it's parts, so if you don't want the mech it is a gift of C-bills.

Aside from that you can sort your mechlab into the different weights if you don't want to see mediums. I suppose the last filter we need is to only show IS or Clan mechs. As a pure IS Player I can understand how you feel. If I was gifted a clan mech I couldn't sell off I would feel along the same lines. Still, you can be less hostile and more polite about it.

Edited by SuckyJack, 22 October 2014 - 02:54 AM.

#17 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:49 AM

View PostLanky, on 22 October 2014 - 02:03 AM, said:

It still took, time and effort and cost real money (salary) to produce, (sure its PGI's very own version of a reseen) but the skin is completely new.

View PostSalvag3, on 22 October 2014 - 02:31 AM, said:

TBH I would rather have the mech bay than this ..... Thing. I'll pass on the 100% ammo dependent mech thx but no thx. I just kinda figured a reward for being a loyal customer would some how be useful. This mech is anything but useful.

If you bothered to look over the forums, this mech has been asked for, reintroduction, since its exclusion, in closed beta.

But hey whiners thanks for giving me a new experience, feeling genuinely sorry, for the heads, and staff of PGI, and realising how amazingly ungrateful sections of the community are.

I guess it goes to prove, people will look a gift horse in the mouth

#18 Yosharian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:51 AM

For me mechs that are 100% ammo dependent are just ... wrong

Since I found out I can't sell it I decided to master the cents 'one day' just not anytime soon

#19 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:52 AM

View PostHaakon Magnusson, on 22 October 2014 - 02:45 AM, said:

I wonder how we can pre-emptively get rid of these OCD people?

If you got rid of them, you would have to bury them in neat rows, or they would come back and haunt you, about how uneven the graves were

#20 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:57 AM

View PostCathy, on 22 October 2014 - 02:52 AM, said:

If you got rid of them, you would have to bury them in neat rows, or they would come back and haunt you, about how uneven the graves were

Sadly, I know the effin type... they really like to make life crap for everyone else...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users